Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Why the Kings and Queens?

And its sounds great -esp with bar chords --ask Jimmy who has insisted on playing it too!
There were obvoiusly many who were very supportive of cause they paid up big to help me go. No I don'tthanks some of them for the great simple reminder that It was a symbol to encourage each one to play out their own cards in life-within a certain paradigm that I saw was being lost .

Amongst the cards I gave out on my decision to leave the public service last week and there decsion to insist on it ,i gave out some cards to those who bought me the wonderfaul guitar pictured . There were no Aces ,J okers , mere numbers or suites (clubs) because those more common symbols of winning cheat you out of an effective view of what authority, influence and calling are all about .
People who i had been to university with and who still have positons of great authority said to me they had "no power to change" –Are they really so weak or do they just think they are .Not a good resaon to put up with all the bullsh that builds behind the floodgates .
.
I had, without one person to share the growing load, occupied a position at the bottom for 33yrs and without one person,. Yet I am proud of my influence and power . What’s wrong with them ? It is possible to act with authority without grasping at it. It seems that , if you grasp it to desperately , you can lose the very thing you seek .

The cards I gave out were all Kings and Queens . Like Einstein , I think life is a miracle and its result has nothing to do with patronage from Spring street. The very idea that it is , is a cheat and it cheats many--- not just a few .

We all have authority and an ability to help redeem the time with the truth , but do we use it ?
If you still don’t get it , use your imaginations and take your children to see the film "Narnia".
I hope the gifts and ideas were of some help to you as yours will be to me .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home